Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dialing...

I've been wanting to set up a knitting blog for a while but I couldn't think of a name. I'm a writer by profession (most of the time) and it's the same when I'm writing a story: If a character doesn't have a name, I find I can't write about him or her.

So yesterday I was sitting at my computer, waiting for a song to download from iTunes, and to pass the time I knitted a few rounds on a sock. Suddenly I realized how much knitting I get done while waiting for web pages, files, and images to download. It's one reason I've resisted switching to a high speed connection. With my pokey old dial-up, I get a lot done between You Tube and Download.com.

That's how I finally came up with Dial K for Knitter. And here I am. With my socks and my old modem. Welcome!

No comments: